Brooks Social Photo Shoot, NYC. April 18, 2015
notes for runners
Please arrive wearing the base layers provided by Brooks, as well as your own outer layers appropriate for the weather.
We will have a van in which you can store a bag or any other personal items you bring with you while we are shooting.
We won't have a hair or makeup stylist, and we want to keep you guys looking as authentic/real looking as possible. Girls, please come with either a clean face, or if you prefer light powder/makeup with a natural look. Keep in mind that we do expect to get you moving and sweating a bit. Please bring any hair accessories that you would normally use for a run.
If you have any running gear—like headphones, a wearable or even race medals you’re really proud of—we’d love for you to bring them for potential use!
Please note that we have a morning meeting spot in Chinatown for our AM group, and an afternoon meeting spot in DUMBO for our PM group. Details below.
- 7:00 AM Zack picks up 15 pass van @ Edge
- 8:00 AM Agency, morning runners, stylist meet at Market and Monroe Street (next to Coleman Square Playground. Closest Subway stops Chambers J/Z, Brooklyn Bridge City Hall 4,5,6 and Broadway F)
- 8:00 AM Matt takes orders and makes breakfast run @ New Way Deli (97 Catherine St.)
- 9:00 AM first group of talent styled and ready to shoot.
- Shoot on Monroe Street, Mechanics Alley, running path on water front (Eat River Promenade). Cool down/stretching shots at bleachers at East River Park Field, and then up to pedestrian bridge over FDR drive.
- 11:30 AM Group shoots on Manhattan Bridge. Van moves to Dumbo
- 11:30 AM place order for pizza with Juliana's
- 12:30 group arrives in Dumbo. Shoot food related/pizza shots at picnic benches near Jane's Carousel
- 1:00 Lunch
- 1:00 Afternoon Runners meet next to Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory
- 1:45 Shoot ice cream shots with ice cream from Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory
- 2:00 Shooting on Industrial streets of Dumbo
- 3:00 Shots along Brooklyn Bridge Park Greenway
- 4:30 Shots at athletic field at Pier 6
- 5:30 post run beer drinking shots around Pier 6
- 6:00 shoot wraps.
- 7:00 Van returned to Edge